Odisha Postal GDS Recruitment 2015 - Online Application Form & Registration Procedure
Odisha Postal Circle invites application form 10th pass candidates for the post of GRAMIN DAK SEVAK (GDS). There are total 520 Postmaster & 49 Other vacancies . Interested and eligible candidates should apply online before 14/05/2015 by 23:59hrs. A common recruitment exam will be conducted for the below given post and the selected candidates will be appointed in the department. Read below for full details.
- Date of Commencement : April 15, 2015 00:00 hrs
- Date of Closing : May 14, 2015 23:59 hrs
- Last date for Payment : May 18, 2015
Job Description:Post Names :
- 1.Gramin Dak Sevak Branch Postmaster (GDS BPM)
- 2. Gramin Dak Sevak Mail Deliverer (GDSMD)
- 3. Gramin Dak Sevak Mail Carrier (GDS MC)
- 4. Gramin Dak Sevak Mail Packer ( GDS Packer)
- 5. Gramin Dak Sevak Stamp Vendor (GDS Stamp Vendor)
- 6. Gramin Dak Sevak Mailman (GDSMM)
- Candidates must have passed 10th or Metric or High School Certificate exam.
- The candidates have to submit a computer education certificates of atleast 60days duration. If the candidates has studied Computer course as a subject in 10th or Higher classes, then no certificate is require.
Age Limit :Age of the candidates should be between 18 to 30 years for General category as on 14 April 2015. Age relaxation is done as per the government rules.
Application Fee :
Application fee along with the examination fee is Rs 500/ for general candidates- (Application Fee Rs 100+ Exam Fee Rs 400) , but Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Impaired/ Women will pay only Rs 100/- as application fee.
After submitting your application via online mode at http://odisha.postalcareers.in/, take the print out of the system generated Challan, then visit the nearest post office to pay the fee. After paying the application fee, the registration is completed.
How to ApplyInterested and eligible candidates should apply online by clicking on the below given apply online link. The registration of on-line application will commence on 15/04/2015 at 00:00hrs and closes by 14/05/2015 by 23:59hrs. After submitting the application online, take the print out of the system generated challan, then visist the nearest Post office to pay the fee via electronics mode. No need to send the Hard copy to the department. Last date of payment of fee is 18th may 2015.
Steps To Apply Online:
To Apply online follow these steps
- Click On The Apply Online Link
- Then Click on I AGREE button.
- Then you will a see a BLANK form. Fill it with your personal details
- The click on the NEXT button.
- Upload your Scanned Image (Less than 20KB )and Signauture (Less than 10KB ).
- Then click on the Submit to generate the Fee Challan
- Take the print out of the filled application form
- Pay the application fee at the nearest E-Post office.
- Now You Have Submitted the Application Successfully
Click Here To Apply Online
Download Full Advertisement
Download Odisha Circle Vacancy List
Exam Pattern :
Test with a total 100 maximum marks covering the following subjects/topics.
- Aptitude Test is Three parts (Part A, B(I) & B(II)).
- Duration : 2 hours (120 minutes).
- There is no negative marking.
Part ‘A’ Mathematics ( 50 marks with 50 questions of 1 mark each)
Topics: Number systems, Decimals and Fractions, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion,Profit and loss,
Simple interest, Average , Discount, Partnership, Time & work, and Time & distance.
Part B(i) English ( 25 marks with 25 questions of 1 mark each)
Topics- Articles, Prepositions, Conjuctions, Tenses,Verbs, Synonyms & Antonyms, Vocabulary, Sentence structure, Proverbs, Phrases& question from a small unseen passage.
Part B(ii)- Regional Language- Odia ( 25 marks with 25 questions of 1 mark each)
Topics- Mishra o Sanyukta Vakya, Vakya ra Rupantara, Swara Sandhi, Alankara, Rudhi o Lokakatha, Ashuddha Vakya Suddharupa, Padhinathiba Gandyansha-